Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Way We're Treated

Don't Do Drugs! They're bad. Except these... they're government sanctioned and forcefully lobbied.

I rarely have the opportunity to watch television; actually, I generally avoid it at all cost. The other day I was visiting a friend, and she had her TV on. My focus was constantly pulled from conversation to the tube. I was amazed at how many commercials were for pharmaceuticals of some sort. I was even more entertained by the possible side effects.

"Check with your doctor if..." was suggested, but for the most part it was all about self-medication. We're smart enough to do that, right? Certain restrictions apply.

Any more, I'm not so comfortable with the qualifications of doctors either. In my recent experiences they have pushed for ridiculous tests, haven't listened to symptoms before jumping to action, and on more than one occasion have tried to fear me in to thinking I had a psychological disorder...but that they'd have to do more tests.

My possible psychosis remains un-diagnosed.

Ill and in pain, detainee dies in US hands

The Pill makes women pick bad mates

Must have been an Engineer - pic

The Blogs of Obama and McCain -pic


Here are a couple more pics from my day in the woods.
Landing
Still Life with Water

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, just happened to land onto your blog. Love your pictures. It's so amazing, that you get to do something so creative!

By the way, couldn't help but read, the part about doctors sending you packing for a zillion unwanted tests, without even listening to all you have to say. Made me smile. Hope you found a few of them, to be exceptions and i sure hope there is no diagnosis such as psychosis waiting to dawn upon you, ever!

Will definitely keep checking this site for updates. Was entertaining reading it :)

Anonymous said...

It's in the genes. Accept and appreciate. amomynous