Friday, August 15, 2008

Huh?, Hell...Pay Attention.

Painting a picture of the woman in green...

She plodded slowly through the intersection, her dingy poodle prancing before her. As she adjusted her ear bud (for higher quality sound) an old, beige station wagon thundered toward her. The driver didn't brake, opting instead to blast her horn. The pedestrian popped to attention, her hand still barely away from her head. She skurried across the road as the driver sneered past.

I nearly saw poodle pancake w/iPod soup.

Ah, to be so oblivious to your surroundings, set apart by musical bliss. It's like a fairy tale...or schizophrenia.

Many of my co-workers are picking up this trend of ear bud isolationism. I can't help but find it rude on more than one level.

Granted, work isn't (supposed to be) for socializing, but team playing seems pretty important across the board. Asking for attention, especially more than once and where inattention is intentional, is ridiculous.

Pardon me. Excuse me. Thank you for looking at me with disdain for this obvious intrusion in to your private party. I was just wondering if you'd care to participate in the world (people) around you. No? OK. Perhaps I'll catch you at a better time.

The technological (w)edge wins again.

No comments: