Monday, August 25, 2008

My Olympic Experience

I'm not a big fanatic about athletics. To me, the Olympics is polite politics, just as war is impolite politics. In sixteen days of competition, I caught zero events. This time around, at least I can YouTube it. (I don't own a television)

Four years later they're going to package all that fun into another of the worlds notoriously crowded cities. Good luck, London.

Below is how I spent my Olympics. They're in no particular order, except the closing.

























































































































Sure, I have links for you.

China's Olympic Domination

Olympic Mania Fizzles


But that's it on that. My contribution: Collected Google images of the Olympics.

Something that matters...and some silliness

13 Days in August

Life in 2008 (40 yo prediction)

Things you cant do when you're rich

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One certainly can tell your prefered search engine. As for the 2008 article, what insight the author had, So many of the points hit dead on. Very eerie.What awaits in 2048? Amomynous

Jake said...

I boycotted the Olympics this year. After the violence in Tibet (not just this year but the past 50), it's difficult for me to pretend the Chinese Govt has any interest in human rights. Then they put on a facade for the world, showing everyone how great they are. The leaders of China build their palaces on the bones of the poor and what does the US do? Not protect the weak, like we're doing in Iraq.... We shop at Wal-Mart, assuring the survival of the constant stream of cheap labor at the expense of young lives and families. Go Phelps...?!