Friday, August 22, 2008

Return from the Rubber City

The Brandt exhibit was great; I learned a lot from looking at his prints. At times, he used graphite and ink to accentuate or destroy certain details. Most of the prints were flawless, however, and at around 80 years old were just as vibrant as the day they were set. His shadow detail was amazing. His nudes left much to be desired. It was well worth the trip.

Since I have a reciprocal membership from the Columbus Museum of Art admission was free. The trip was gas and food. I ate at Crave, a restaurant on the ground floor of the tall building just below the flag in image 1. Good food, great atmosphere. The Mocha Maiden, a coffee shop around the corner alley, helped me get home proper. In one of the towns mentioned below
I found gas for 3.38!

On the way home, I decided to stop at the highest point in Ohio. This adventure took me through various tiny burgs, past old theaters and derelict feed depots...lots of corn fields.

At 1549 feet, it was easily missed...3 times. I was expecting something a bit more ceremonious than a technical school, which uses the location for a radio tower. Getting there was more rewarding than being there. The picture I have is proof, and may only be shown if I can make it to half a dozen or more high points.





FDA to Permit Irradiated Spinach

Bigfoot was a Hoax - Gasp!

Chemical Party made me laugh

HAPPY FRIDAY! Have a great weekend.

No comments: