Wednesday, January 7, 2009

No $#!+

The emphasis lies in the punctuation.

For example, when I read this story about antibiotics "sprouting up in unexpected places" ie. entering the food chain, I used an exclamation point (!)

You see, I found this information to be quite logical, was not surprised, and was actually shocked that the so called experts had to do real science to figure it out. But then again, I'm a farm boy, so that whole circle of life thing is fairly familiar.

Moving on.

The question mark (?) dominated the statement on the story about Somali Pirates. I mean, who knew pirating could be for a noble cause? Especially in such an unfortunate country as Somalia.

By the way, the Pirate quotes in that article are great. I may search for more.

Onward and upward... maybe.

Atheists in London are uniting behind a new ad campaign: "There's probably no God, Now stop worrying and enjoy your life."

I double punctuated that one (!?) or (?!).

I've read through and skipped over a flurry of Atheist articles and videos in the last week or so. Their prevalence isn't surprising, given the current Holy War(s).

Whether it's God's Flaming Sword, Rama's bow and arrow, or Muhammad's Qur'an... you can't keep a good god down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Apparently, pirating's not so noble. One drowned pirate washed ashore with his share of the loot($153,000). Karma,Karma,Karma. Amomynous