Wednesday, October 15, 2008

3rd and Final

Somehow I've managed to avoid the pomp and circumstance of the presidential debate circuit. I know this may surprise many of you.

Tonight, however, was an exercise in social interaction. I went to Studio 35, a local cinema/bar and watched the last debate on the big screen with approximately 100 other interested locals. It was free, and someone else bought me a pumpkin ale to wash down the politics. I'm not sure which was thicker.

Listening to McCain breathe was painful. Hearing the pundits tell me that he was forceful and in control made me think I was watching something different. To me, he was crazed, bumbling and repetitive. Hyper blinking. Scary.

Sure, Obama could have taken some stronger stances, but an even keel doesn't make one nauseous like the up and down / back and forth approach employed by the other candidate.

McCain said he doesn't want education to be about the privileged few, but 1000 vouchers in a city of 10 million seems pretty privileged to me (whether they work or not).

I looked it up, and I don't think this country needs a maverick.

What we need is a firm, even hand; a father figure, not a grandfather figure.

I worry that my vote will not even count. Ohio has problems with this kind of thing. I could absentee, but that's a sure bet to file 13.

Democracy, hard at work trying to save the Republic.

>>hyper-blinking link added on Oct 16<<

No comments: